Workshop: Volume Analysis Workflows with Civil 3D
- : 11 March 2016 to 11 March 2016
- : 2:00PM to 4:00PM
- : A2K Technologies, Brisbane Training Centre, 62 Brandl Street, Eight Mile Plains
Model to Bill of Quantities – Volume Analysis Workflows with Civil 3D
We are constantly analysing, calculating and organising volumes and quantities on civil engineering projects. Although a lot of the standard functionality in Civil 3D can calculate volumes efficiently, drafters and designers want more from the software. We want to be able to make dynamic and easily updated links to our models that carry quantity analysis all the way from the model to the documentation, like BOQ's and drawings, in as few clicks as possible. The Workshop length is approximately 1 hr + question time. This workshop intends to demonstrate "outside the box" techniques and workflows that will help you extract and organise volumes on your civil engineering projects using Civil 3D, various useful plug-ins and of course Microsoft excel.
The Topics Covered in this workshop include:
- 2D length and Surface Based Volume Calculation
- Cross sectional Corridor Material Volumes
- Dynamic and Semi-Dynamic links to documentation (i.e BOQ, EXCEL and production drawings)
Presented by Brad Kanther, Technical Consultant, A2K Technologies.