Australian Government funds infrastructure upgrade in Brisbane to ease congestion on the roads
The funding forms part of a $244.25 million investment in South East Queensland Government’s $1 billion Urban Congestion Fund. The investment includes:
- $50 million for upgrades on the Gympie Arterial Road connection to the southern end of the Bruce Highway.
- $15 million for new park and ride facilities at Mango Hill and Ferny Grove train stations.
- $7.75 million to prevent future flooding events at Youngs Crossing.
$7.5 million for three projects at Bracken Ridge
- the upgrade of the Barbour Road and Norris Road intersection;
- upgrades to Norris Road between Telegraph Road and Bracken Ridge Road; and
- upgrades to Hoyland Street between Kluver Street and Bracken Ridge Road.
Read the full press release here.